Starting a New Club
It is not as difficult and complex as it may sound. QUT Guild is here to provide with you with the information you'll need to get your club off the ground.
To start and run a club, all you need to do is follow these steps:
1. Have a chat with us about your idea for your new club. We can help you create your vision.
2. Drop in and see us with a completed Expression of Interest to Affiliate Form. We will let you know if your application is successful.
3. If it is successful, you'll need a club constitution. Create one using our Template Constitution. Make sure you have a chat with us before you pass your Constitution to make sure it aligns with our policy.
4. Hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). This is when you elect new executive members and pass your constitution. Make sure you look over our Guidelines for running your AGM.
5. Send us your approved constitution, AGM minutes, AGM attendance list, and the contact details of all elected executives. You can find templates on our Club Resources page.
6. Pop into the office with at least two executives who you would like to be signatories on your bank account (three is better), and we can help you open your bank accout.
7. You're now officially a club! Make sure you read the Clubs Handbook for tips about running your club, and for the basic requirements of remaining affiliated.
Most importantly, have fun!
If you have any questions along the way, please don't hesitate to contact our Clubs Team at email@example.com