Starting a New Club
It is not as difficult and complex as it may sound. The QUT Student Guild is here to provide with you right information and point you in the right direction.
To start and run a club, all you need to do is follow these four steps:
1. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a New Clubs Application Form at the Guild Office with the name of the proposed society, three unique aims of the society and 20 interested QUT students (you can also use this Membership Template).
2. If the application is successful, an Annual General Meeting (AGM) is to be held to elect new executive members in accordance with the Clubs AGM Policy. Find the AGM minutes template here. This is also where you set out your Club's Constitution for the general governance and conducts of members and executive. Please find the example Clubs Constitution and How-To Guide.
3. Once the AGM Minutes, new executive contact details and signed Constitution are received, we will open your Club's bank account.
4. You are now in charge of a club or society. Go and have fun! The QUT Guild Clubs & Societies Handbook is there to help you with any club activities.
5. Make sure your Treasurer records all financial transactions and submit the book for an audit. Hold an AGM before October and handover to a new team of club leaders! Audit workshops would be held throughout the year to help your club be financially sound! Here are the materials from the workshop held on the 2nd October, 2012: PPT Slides, Books Example.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Join the QUT Student Guild to be part of enriching campus culture!